Blogging is a fantastic way to show your expertise and it also has another great benefit … it keeps the content on your website fresh which assists with the ranking of your website on google searches.
Blogging is like having an on-line “diary”, so to speak, where you can provide information, tips, advice and post articles on any number of subjects. It is a fantastic marketing tool for business to assist in building your “expertise” status provided you are consistent and using your blog regularly. When you stop blogging you will stop reaping the benefits blogging provides for your website and ultimately your business.
If you are finding it hard to come up with information and topics to write about on your blogs you can always try these tips:
- Visit the article marketing sites and post others articles (be sure to keep their bio intact and give them credit). I suggest you add your comments as to why you are posting the article
- Link to other blogs and conversations going on there
- Look to what is going on in the world around you – what news is impacting your business or the businesses of your target market
I will often create a theme on my client’s blogs for different days of the week. Here are a few examples I have used on different client’s blogs.
- Motivational Mondays (provides motivational tips on Mondays)
- Tips Tuesdays (provide tips and advice on Tuesday)
- Wacky Wednesdays (provided links to bizarre and interesting things we found on the internet)
- Thrifty Thursdays (gave tips for saving money and time)
- Freebie Fridays (gave away things)
The nice thing about blogging is you are only restricted by your imagination and creativity. It is a free resource for just getting out there and being you.
Many of my clients were hesitant at first to be themselves until I reminded them, “do you really want to work with someone who doesn’t like you? When you are yourself you are guaranteed the person contacting you knows all about you and accepts you for who you are. What better client could we ask for?”
Good luck and happy blogging … oh and by the way, why not let me know your blog address and I would be happy to stop by!!